23 Feb 2014

Everyday Make-up (simple)

Well, hello there. (*posh voice*)


Your everyday make up routine obviously has to take very little time and is preferably rather simple...

- you don't want to have to dedicate too much of your precious time in the morning to putting the stuff on

 - if you wear too much everyday then you won't be able to put any more on to look especially nice at an important event

So in this post I would like to show you want I put on my face most days...
(I will maybe do a separate skincare post later on)

Almost every day, I wear only one shade of eye shadow, and this is usually the Bourjois Light 03.



After that, I put on a few strokes of mascara, either Clinique High Impact Mascara ( here ) or Maybelline Great Lash (12.5ml - there is also a bigger one but I don't know if this means its brush is bigger) ( here ) .  I find that the Maybelline one applies more product per stroke than the Clinique one, and its small brush means I can use it for my bottom lashes more easily.  (However I think highly of both these mascaras and the two separate my lashes very well, rarely clumping them.)


 
 


If I give my eye shadow a miss (although sometimes I wear the two together), it means I can wear my highlighter without going to overboard with the shimmer... I use the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Beige which I am very fond of (except this is my only one so I have nothing to compare it to) - I solely put it on my cheekbones but others put it on the bridge of their nose, on their cupids bow and across the forehead as well.



As you may know, I have only recently purchased a bronzer, and I would say that I would use it and my highlighter separately - as my bronzer is also (slightly) shimmery. (But I would probably wear it with eye shadow - something I rarely do with my highlighter.)

To finish I will apply something to my lips...
-  Clinique Chubby Stick in Woopin' Watermelon
-  The Body Shop Strawberry lipgloss
-  Superdrug Moisturising Balm (99p - a replica of Nivea's although not quite as good)
-  Or anything else I have lying around

By the way...
As I usually get some of my mascara on my eyelid very close to my lash line, I use cotton wool buds to get it off without ruining the mascara that's actually in the right place (just wet it with something e.g water or makeup remover).  Just wanted to let you know if you didn't do it already!


 Here is a close up of my eye make-up at not a very flattering angle ....


(That's with an extra: Soap and Glory Supercat Liquid Eyeliner Pen - here)



Hasta pronto x

No comments:

Post a Comment